Exclusive Notes of Direct and Indirect Taxation for IPCC November 2014 [amended as well as revised] [free e-book] [pdf] [also helpful to CS, CWA/CMA students]
The syllabus content is revised of Taxation paper of CA IPCC for November 2014 examinations. After the Income Tax, VAT, Service Tax, ICAI also put the indirect tax part in new syllabus i.e Excise Duty Custom Duty. So, with the help of some blogs and pages now I am able to upload the Important notes on Income Tax/Service Tax/Excise Duty/ Custom Duty/ Value Added Tax (VAT) in one file. In this post you can download the 100% free notes of 100 marks taxation paper of IPCC stage of Chartered Accountancy Course. These notes are exclusively amended for the November 2014 exams. All the relevant amendment are incorporate in this file. You can download the file from this link.
Download Link: Download from here
Special Thanks to CA Clues
Revised syllabus of Taxation paper for CA IPCC November 2014
PAPER 4: TAXATION
(One paper – three hours –100 marks)
Level of Knowledge: Working knowledge
(a) To gain knowledge of the provisions of Income-tax law relating to the topics mentioned in the contents below; and
(b) To gain ability to solve simple problems concerning assesses with the status of ‘Individual’ covering the areas mentioned in the contents below.
PART I: INCOME-TAX (50 MARKS)
- Important definitions in the Income-tax Act, 1961
- Basis of charge; rates of taxes applicable for different types of assessees
- Concepts of previous year and assessment year
- Residential status and scope of total income; Income deemed to be received / deemed to accrue or arise in India
- Incomes which do not form part of total income
- Heads of income and the provisions governing computation of income under different heads
- Income of other persons included in assessee’s total income
- Aggregation of income; set-off or carry forward and set-off of losses
- Deductions from gross total income
- Computation of total income and tax payable; rebates and reliefs
- Provisions concerning advance tax and tax deducted at source
- Provisions for filing of return of income.
PART II – INDIRECT TAXES (50 MARKS)
To develop an understanding of the basic concepts of the different types of indirect taxes and to acquire the ability to analyse the significant provisions of service tax.
- Introduction to excise duty, customs duty, central sales tax and VAT – Constitutional aspects, Basic concepts relating to levy, taxable event and related provisions
- Significant provisions of service tax
- Constitutional Aspects
- Basic Concepts and General Principles
- Charge of service tax including negative list of services
- Point of taxation of services
- Exemptions and Abatements
- Valuation of taxable services
- Invoicing for taxable services
- Payment of service tax
- Furnishing of returns
- CENVAT Credit [Rule 1 -9 of CENVAT Credit Rules, 2004]
Note – If new legislations are enacted in place of the existing legislations the syllabus will accordingly include the corresponding provisions of such new legislations in place of the existing legislations with effect from the date to be notified by the Institute. Students shall not be examined with reference to any particular State VAT Law.
Keep Sharing if you like the posts.